Day 1: Hanoi - Halong Bay
12:00 - 12:15 Register/Check-in at Emeraude Café (Halong Bay). 12:15 - 12:30 Embarkation. 12:30 - 12:35 Captain Raises Anchor. 12:35 - 14:30 Cruising Halong Bay. 12:45 - 14:00 Vietnamese Buffet Lunch. 14:00 - 15:00 Free & Easy. 15:00 - 16:00 Guided Shore Excursion to Sung Sot Grotto. 16:00 - 16:30 Crepe Station on Sundeck and cruising to Pearl farm. 16:30 - 17:30 Kayaking* or Swimming at Pearl farm. 18:00 - 18:30 Vietnamese Fresh Spring Roll Cooking Class(Sundeck). 18:30 - 19:00 Complimentary Canapes on Sundeck. 19:00 - 21:00 European dinner buffet served (Dress Code: Smart). 21:00 - 22:00 Bills Settlement (Optional). 20:00 - 22:00 Squid Fishing (Seasonal). 20:30 - 23:00 Silver Screen "Indochine".
Day 2: Halong Bay - Hanoi
06:00 - 07:00 Coffee, Tea, Cookies and Muffins Served on the Sundeck (Complimentary). 06:30 - 07:00 Learn ancient art of Tai Chi on Sundeck. 07:00 - 08:00 (Summer Program) Swimming and Kayaking at Ho Dong Tien Area. 07:00 - 07:30 (Winter Program) Cruise to Luon Cave. 07:30 - 08:00 (Winter Program) Bamboo Boat Ride inside Luon Cave. 08:30 - 10:00 Energizing Full Breakfast Served. 08:00 - 10:30 Cruising Bai Tu Long Bay through Ba Hai and Hang Ma Islands. 08:00 - 09:00 Leave Luggage Outside of Cabins. 10:30 - 11:00 Disembarkation. 11:00 - 11:15 Drop Off Point – Emeraude Café.
Every day, the Emeraude journeys through one of the world's most dazzling natural wonders and into the sepia realm of a dream. Named for a cruising vessel that plied these waters between 1906 and 1937, the Emeraude aspires to the magnificence of the bay itself. Its air-conditioned cabins, en suite bathrooms, award-winning cuisine and spacious deck space set the stage for the voyage of a lifetime.
Cabins & Suites
- On the Emeraude, buoyed by one of the world's most beautiful bays, little things matter. Colonial style brass fans. Hardwood floors. Beadboard walls. And the most comfortable beds on the bay. In every cabin, the rich decor evokes another age, when craftsmanship mattered more than the bottom line.
- But make no mistake: The Emeraude makes concessions to the modern era, with air conditioning, electricity and other amenities typical of an upscale hotel room. No need to bring your own hair dryer. We've got that. Umbrellas, slippers, bathrobes. We've imagined all the contingencies so you'll be fully prepared to enjoy your cruise.
- Dining on the Emeraude reflects the ambitions and aspirations of the vessel itself.
- Vietnamese ingredients, enhanced by European culinary traditions, create a culinary experience without peer on Halong Bay.
- Quality, good taste and elegance define every buffet in our classic wood-panelled dining room.
- After you board the Emeraude, the lunch buffet is quickly served. Look out for classics like chicken cordon bleu alongside pork tenderloin and a range of salads and lighter options. Fresh spring rolls offer a local flavour alongside freshly caught seafood.
- In the evening, dining is a stylish affair. The buffet includes rump steak and fresh Halong Bay steamed prawns. The selection includes shellfish, salads, soups and rice dishes. For dessert, choices vary from a range of cakes to old favorites like bread and butter pudding. There is also an array of tropical fruit.
- Wake early to enjoy sunrise and it won't be long before aromas from the kitchen find you. Bacon, chipolatas, scrambled eggs and cold cuts await. A chef cooks omelettes to your specifications. A rice congee or "chao" adds local flavor while croissants and pastry add a European touch. Italian Lavazza coffee is served.
- Throughout your cruise, bars in the dining room and on the sundeck ensure satisfaction for every thirst. A lengthy wine list caters to all tastes. Cocktails beg to be drunk on the deck at sunset as canapés are served. For beer drinkers there is a range of international and local brews. Alternatively enjoy a coffee served hot or iced depending on the climate. A pot of green tea adds an additional authentic touch. Relax, we'll bring it to your table.
- The Emeraude’s restaurant offers delicious, freshly caught local seafood and other specialities.
- While enjoying breathtaking views of the bay, passengers can enjoy the simple and honest flavours of traditional fare.
- Opened in late 2007, Emeraude Cafe is an ideal jumping off point for your adventure on Halong Bay. Grab a bite while you wait for embarkation. Check your email. Surf the Net. Browse our souvenirs. And anticipate the voyage that’s about to begin.
- The cafe serves a selection of Western food, including made-to-order sandwiches, panini and pizza. Along with an extensive variety of teas, coffees and fresh juices, the café has an excellent wine list, sourced from around the world.
- A cozy interior and outdoor terrace provides space for up to 70 diners. Beyond the Cafe’s culinary attractions, the new facility features complimentary wireless access, two Internet terminals and a souvenir boutique.
- There’s also a sales desk in the café if you’d like to book passage on the Emeraude, or one of our new soft adventures.
- Annually since 2005, Emeraude Classic Cruises has hosted the Annual Wine & Dine Cruise Classic.
- And every year tickets become even more sought after as its reputation and standing in the Hanoi social calendar grows.
- The Wine Cruise, as it's commonly known, sets sail at the end of May as northern Vietnam slides into its stunning summer season. With brighter days, lighter nights and warm seas, the stage is set for one exquisite night.
- The black tie event celebrates gourmet food cooked by a top international chef and fine wines imported from French vineyards.
- The Gala Dinner in Drum Cave is one of the most dazzling dining experiences anywhere. The stunning limestone formations, the marvelously set tables, the jazz, the cuisine and the spirits conjure an ambiance for the ages.
- For Emeraude staff, both on the vessel and in event planning and marketing back in Hanoi, the Wine Cruise is the standout cruise of the year. Each year extra efforts are made to build on the success of the previous event while adding further twists and surprises to the next annual Wine & Dine.