Day 1: Hanoi - Halong Bay
12:30 Boarding our boat at Tuan Chau Port – enjoy welcome drink, receive cruise briefing and safety instructions. 13:15 - 14:00 Passengers enjoy the deluxe Vietnamese Set Menu Lunch. Massage service is available after lunch and throughout the cruise. Please book in advance with your Cruise Manager. 14:00 - 16:30 Cruise through Halong Bay, passing the most beautiful and quiet areas including Incense Burner, Dog Stone Islet, Fighting Cock, Finger Islet. 16:30 Arrive at Cua Van Floating Fishing Village. This is one of the largest fishing villages on the Bay. Guests can choose between kayaking through the village or visiting on small bamboo boats (sampans) rowed by villagers. For those who wish to kayak, the kayaking fee is $10.00 per person (unless pre-booked). Kayakers will depart from the boat in two-seater, self-rowed kayaks, kayaking through the village and back to the boat. A kayaking tour guide will lead the way. 18:00 Depart and sail for about 30 minutes to Luon Bo area, and anchor overnight. 18:00 - 18:30 Attend the Fruit and Vegetable carving lesson led by our Head Chef. During the lesson, the chef will conduct Fruit and Vegetable carving, showing the guests how we decorate and make some traditional Vietnamese food. 18:00 - 19:00 First of two Happy Hours! Buy one drink-get one free (wine by the bottle excluded). 19:30 Dinner is served to the guests. 20:45 Evening activities. Board games like cards or Parcheesi are available, as well as massage service (massage service is available throughout the cruise). Also, everyone can try their luck at squid fishing on the boat with help from the crew. 21:00 - 22:00 Second Happy Hour! Buy one drink-get one free (wine by the bottle excluded). 23:00 End of Program for Day One
Day 2: Halong Bay - Hanoi
06:45 Coffee, tea and breakfast pastries served in the dining room. 07:00 Enjoy Tai Chi instruction on the sundeck (lasting for about 30 minutes). 07:45 - 09:00 Guests are transferred by tender to the Titov Island. About one hour is spent on the island, allowing time to climb to the peak for a breathtaking 360 degree view of the Bay (there is also an expansive viewing deck half way up).After the climb, there is time left to relax on the beach and have a swim. 09:00 Upon returning to the boat, guests will have 30 minutes to freshen up and finish packing. Please collect all of your belongings from the cabins and leave heavy luggage outside the cabins (staff will transfer directly to the pier). 09:30 Enjoy a full breakfast in the dining room. Bills are settled after breakfast.Relax on the sundeck or in the dining room enjoying the bay scenery as we approach the pier. 11:00 Arrive at Tuan Chau port., relax inside the pier building while waiting for return transportation.
- A valid passport is required upon check-in onboard.
- 25% surcharges applies for cruises on Christmas, New Year and Tet Holidays
- Free of Charge for children < 5 years old, sharing fully-paid cabin, limited to one child per cabin
Our boats, or Junks, are built in Vietnam, utilizing local materials and the handiwork of skilled shipbuilders, craftsmen and artists. As in the days of old they are built entirely of wood. The wood featured in the interiors is called “go huong”, which translates as aromatic wood, it is a highly durable and beautifully grained wood which adds to the rich and warm character of the boats. Each of our boats features spacious, well-appointed cabins and suites with large ensuite marble bathrooms, a large sundeck with comfortable lounging furniture and an elegant dining room and bar. We have designed and fitted our boats to international standards while maintaining traditional Chinese Junk styling, creating the perfect balance of modern comforts and nostalgic ambiance. The Indo 1 and Indo 2 are identical boats and were both launched in 2007. Each comprises 15 cabins (Superior and Deluxe Cabins). The deluxe cabins are are a bit larger and feature rainfall showers and are all situated on the second decks of the boats. Our newest boat, the Indo 3, launched in late 2008, also features ceramic artworks handcrafted in Bat Trang, well known as the home of the country’s most talented ceramic craftsmen. All of our boats are decorated with silk from Van Phuc, the “Silk Village”.
Dining Room and Bar:
- Our dining rooms offer a comfortable and romantic setting, with large panoramic windows from which to take in the beauty of the bay while enjoying Vietnamese cuisine at its best. The cozy bars offer a selection of Aperitifs, Spirits, Cocktails, beer and a selection of fine wines from around the world.
- Our experienced chefs provide a varied selection of Vietnamese and International cuisine including fresh local seafood, all carefully prepared and presented.
- Our staff are trained to provide the best possible service to our passengers at all times. The relaxed and welcoming manner of our hospitality creates an atmosphere in which our guests feel that they are at home away from home.
Indochina Sails 1 & 2
- The Indo 1 and Indo 2 are identical boats and were both launched in 2007. Each comprises 15 cabins (Superior and Deluxe Cabins). The deluxe cabins are are a bit larger and feature rainfall showers and are all situated on the second decks of the boats.
- Length: 40 m
- Width: 8.5 m
- Height: 19 m
- Depth: 2.5 m
- Number of Cabins: 14
- Dining Room, Bar & Sundeck
Indochina Sails 3
- Our newest boat, the Indo 3, launched in late 2008, features ceramic artworks handcrafted in Bat Trang, well known as the home of the country’s most talented ceramic craftsmen. All of our boats are decorated with silk from Van Phuc, the “Silk Village”. In addition to Superior and Deluxe cabins the Indo 3 has very spacious Suites located on the second deck and featuring bathrooms with bathtub/Jacuzzis as well as showers.
- Length: 44 m
- Width: 9 m
- Height: 20 m
- Depth: 2.5 m
- Number of Cabins: 15
- Dining Room Bar & Sundeck
- Massage Cabin
Indochina Sails Premium
- Indochina Sails is proud to announce the launch of the newest addition to its fleet of luxury junks. The “Indochina Sails Premium” began sailing the tranquil waters of Halong Bay in November 201.
- Following in the tradition of our entire fleet, the Indochina Sails Premium offers luxurious accommodation, professional and friendly service, fine Vietnamese and Western cuisine and an itinerary designed to maximize your holiday pleasure.
- Our junks are built to the highest standards, in a time-honoured style, with first-class modern facilities. We have combined the best of Old World and New and the best of East and West to create a unique and memorable way to explore one of Mother Nature’s most spectacular creations.
- The Indochina Sails Premium comprises 24 exquisitely appointed cabins, ultra spacious public areas, Massage Cabin and Gym.
- When not in your cabin you can relax and soak in the beauty of the Bay from the immense sundeck. The sundeck’s size allows for large groups to gather together and for couples to find a private spot to enjoy the splendor passing by during the day or to stargaze in the evening.
- In addition to the sundeck, our newest vessel has an expansive indoor lounge on the second deck. Boasting the biggest windows of any boat on the Bay and comfy lounge sofas spread over the airy space where our guests can enjoy drinks, conversation and perhaps a game of cards, chess or scrabble. We have provided a special spot for enjoying indoor comforts without missing a bit of the incredible scenery Halong Bay has to offer.
- Our goal is to offer a soothing as well as stimulating experience that you will remember and cherish. Our dedicated and professional management and staff await you and look forward to serving you on magnificent Halong Bay.