Day 1: Hanoi - Halong Bay (L, D)
07:30 - 07:45
Our bus or private car will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter 12:30 Arrive at Paloma office, Halong City. Transferred by tender to Paloma Cruise – Enjoy welcome drink. Receive cruise briefing, check in cabin and begin your cruise. 13:30 Having lunch – delicious Vietnamese set menu (Massage service is available after lunch and throughout the tour). 15:15 - 15:40 Head to Bai Tu Long Bay. Pass the towns of Hon Gai and Cam Pha, Oan Lagoon, Monster Head and Teapot Islets and Thien Canh Son Cave. Explore the well- hidden Thien Canh Son cave. 15:45 - 18:00 Enjoy relaxing on a white sandy beach at Hon Co island, swimming or kayaking. 18:00 Drop anchor in the calm water surrounded by islets in Cong Dam. Happy Hour (sunset party). 18:30 Vietnamese cooking demonstration on boat. 19:15 Sumptuous set-dinner onboard. 21:00 Relaxing on your cabin or join the on board activities: film entertainment, light music for dancing in the dining room (please book in advance with your tour guide), board games and playing cards are available, and massage services are available. Passengers may also try their luck at squid fishing from the boat. Happy Hour! Buy two drink - get one free (wine by the bottle excluded) Overnight aboard Paloma Cruise.
Day 2: Halong Bay - Hanoi (B, L)
06:15 Starting your day with Tai Chi on the Sundeck while complimentary tea & coffee are served. 07:00 Have breakfast 07:45 - 09:00 Visit the Vung Vieng floating fishing village by bamboo sampan for an hour in to the village. Short visit to Pearl Farm to learn how natural pearls are created. Then return to Paloma Cruise for your leisure or join one of the following optional activities: Sunbathing, traditional massage, swimming etc. 09:45 Upon return to the boat you will have 30 minutes to freshen up and finish packing. Please remove all of your belongings from your cabin, you may leave heavy luggage outside of the cabin (staff will transfer directly to the pier). 10:00 Check out cabin 10:30 Enjoy Set Menu for lunch in the dining room. We will settle bills after lunch. Relaxing on the sundeck or in the dining room, enjoying the rest of Halong bay before getting back to harbor. 11:45 Arrive at Hon Gai Harbour. Transfer by tender to the pier. Get on van or car back to Hanoi. Arrive in Hanoi approximate 4:30 PM.
The Paloma is a brand new Chinese wooden junk crewed by a professional, loyal and dedicated team. Spread over 4 decks she has 16 en-suite fully equipped luxury cabins, a bar with soft seating and plasma TV, gourmet restaurant, outside dining area, sundeck and luxury spa. Come onboard The Paloma. Be charmed by her exquisite luxury, intimate setting and unrivalled home from home service. An unforgettable way to witness the serene, calm setting of Halong Bay’s exceptional natural beauty. The Paloma is your home while you are in Halong Bay. Good service is key. Our crew consists of 20 dynamic, passionate and enthusiastic individuals who are committed to making your stay with us special and unforgettable.
Facts about The Paloma
- 10.5m wide
- 43m Long
- 4 decks
- Luxury Spa (1st deck)
- Luxury cabins (1st and 2nd decks)
- Dining areas (3rd deck)
- Sundeck (4th deck)
- A selection of superior and deluxe cabins, honeymoon and family suites mixing the modern with traditional elements. All ensuite and fully equipped with air conditioning, in house phone and bathroom amenities, allowing you to relax in peace and luxury.
- 5 Superior (13m²) (double or twin)
- 7 Deluxe (15m²) (double or twin)
- 2 Honeymoon suites with balcony (17m²) with 270 degree panoramic sea views
- 2 Family suites with balcony (20m²) with 270 degree panoramic sea views
The Bar & Dinning Room
- Relax and unwind in the bar which adjoins the restaurant. Enjoy pre-dinner or after-dinner drinks, relax in the soft seating area, browse our selection of books and magazines or watch a DVD on the plasma TV. The bar is fully stocked with fine wines, spirits, alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks.
- On board you will be delighted with our top notch service and fine dining experience. Our menu is an innovative blend of European cuisine with an Asian twist. In Vietnam food preparation and presentation is an art form. A healthy and refined cuisine with exotic flavours features Vietnamese herbs, spices and other well-known traditional specialties.
- Non-meat eaters will be able to sample some of the best vegetarian food in Vietnam.
- The sundeck, situated on the 4th deck, is the perfect spot to view the limestone peaks, lagoons, grottoes and emerald sea. Relax on our cosy sun lounges and enjoy the cool sea breeze.
- During your stay on The Paloma, you won’t be short of things to do. Our expert guide will lead kayaking tours of the bay, enjoy swimming in the crystal clear waters or pamper yourself in our luxury spa. Join our staff in some late night cuttle fishing and we run cookery demonstrations for those interested in learning the art of Vietnamese cooking. Take part in early morning Tai Chi on the sundeck which is the perfect way to welcome the new day.
- Water sport facilities and activities
- Kayaks (upon request or part of cruise package)
- Bamboo rowing boats
- Cooking demonstrations (upon request)
- Early morning Tai Chi
- Join the staff to go cuttle fishing in the evening
Prevention better than Cure
- With perfect attention to detail, all aspects of your stay on board have been meticulously planned. All cabins are en-suite with hot showers and full bathroom amenities, towels and luxury linens. The junk is fully air conditioned throughout, there is plenty of storage space, a luxury spa, gourmet restaurant and a fully stocked bar. Equipped with all the luxury and comforts you desire, The Paloma is your home from home while you cruise the Bay.
- To ensure your safety and to give you peace of mind, The Paloma is fully equipped with all the necessary equipment complying with international safety standards and requirements.
- On board we have:
- 60 life vests
- 40 life bouys
- 4 lifeboats
- In case of fire there are 4 fire hoses and 14 fire extinguishers in the public areas and 1 extinguisher per cabin
- GPS system
- VHF radio
- Automated alarm system with speakers throughout the vessel
- As part of our introduction to life on board we will give you a short talk on our health and safety procedures.