The offices and agents of Vietnam National Airlines (Vietnam Airlines) around the world are prepared to serve you best.
Contact details can be found at the link Contact us
The telephone booking system offers reservation services and information on flights and airfares.
In the case of online booking, the telephone number of those using the ticket(s) and the number of the identity documents they will be using, as required under current law, have to be provided.
Airport ticketing: In case of emergency, you can book a flight and have a ticket(s) issued at the airport, which, however, is limited by Vietnam Airlines to the two following cases:
Open ticket: you can have a ticket issued for a flight with open departure and arrival times. This ticket can be used throughout its period of validity, subject to the availability of seats.
In case you have bought a ticket(s) but haven’t used the whole or part of the ticket(s), you can refund it to the ticket offices of Vietnam Airlines as allowed under the current regulations of Vietnam Airlines.
Eligibility for refunding:
Reissuance of ticket
In case you have bought a ticket(s) but have used only part or have not used any part and now wish to make a change, Vietnam Airlines will agree to reissue the ticket(s) if the ticket(s) satisfies the following criteria:
• Ticket(s) must retain cover and all pages must be untorn, and without any erasure.
• Ticket(s) is still valid.
• Ticket(s) is not designated as unchangeable.
• Ticket(s) is not reported to be missing.
• In case of not following the correct procedure, customers cannot change but must refund the ticket(s) instead.
In case you have bought a ticket(s) from Vietnam Airlines and have not used it or have just used part and have then lost it, you can gain reimbursement by following this procedure:
Once having lost a ticket(s), you must go to the offices of Vietnam Airlines to report the
You can buy a new ticket(s) from Vietnam Airlines at the price applied at the time of buying. The itinerary of the new ticket may differ from that of the lost one(s), provided the the lost one does not restrict the changing of itinerary and the new itinerary is made through Vietnam Airlines.
You can gain reimbursement only when satisfying the following:
The handling fee is 20% of the reimbursed amount, for lost a ticket(s) covering an itinerary completely inside Vietnam, and 40 USD for other cases. Any additional fees arising from transfering the money (if any) will be borne by customers.
You are not entitled to reimbursement and are totally liable for damages if Vietnam Airlines finds out that the ticket(s) which a customer has reported missing has actually been used by that customer to fly, return, or swapped for another.
In the case of finding a lost ticket(s) which has been reported missing, you must return it to Vietnam Airlines and will gain reimbursement right after returning, if you have already bought a new ticket(s). You will gain reimbursement for the validity period of this ticket(s) if you have not bought a new one.
When following procedures for flying inside Vietnam or from Vietnam, you must show proof of identity. The Ministry of Transportation stipulates as follows:
For domestic flights, passengers can use one of the following identity documents:
- Passport (compulsory for foreigners)
- People’s Identity card
- Identity card, warrant issued by the armed forces
- Congress member card
- Party member card
- Press card
- Motorbike, car licence
- Airline security control card
- Identity card issued by Vietnamese airlines
Special cases for domestic flights
- In the case of losing People’s Identity card, passengers have to submit a Certificate of record which is verified by the Police of the Ward where the customer(s) is residing, with the passengers’ photo attached, and affixed with a seal on the connection of the photo and the paper.
Note: All the documents which passengers are using when flying, as required above, have to be valid, with their photo attached, affixed with a seal on the connection of the photo and the paper, excepting Birth Certificates and Notices of the Birth of children.
For international flights departing from Vietnam, passengers can use one of the following identity documents:
- Travel warrant
- Other documents accepted for entry and exit by current law
- In case children do not have their own passport, their name, date of birth and photo will be posted on paper stuck to the documents of their legal representative, including natural father, natural mother, adoptive father, adoptive mother, or guardian.
General conditions of carriage (extract) of Vietnam Airlines (VNA)
This “General conditions of carriage” is integral part of the ticket. Please read carefully all conditions of carriage and instructions on the ticket.
No show passengers:
If you have booking on one of our flights but know that you are not going to be able to travel on that flight, please let us know as early as possible. Knowing that you are not going to use your reservation, we can offer the seat to other customer who otherwise would be unable to travel.
Remember that one day you may be the passenger needing a reservation on an already fully-booked flight.
In order to minimize the effect of “No Shows” and to enable their seat to be used by passengers who otherwise would not be able to travel on their chosen flight, Vietnam Airlines, and most major airlines may overbook services. By careful monitoring and control, we do our utmost to match the number of available seats to the number of passengers that we expect will appear for the flight. Whilst Vietnam Airlines makes every effort to provide seats for which confirmed reservation have been made, no absolute guarantee of seat availability is denoted by the expression reservation, bookings, status OK and the timings attached to them. Vietnam Airlines operates compensation schemes for passengers with confirmed reservation who are unjustifiably denied carriage because of non-availability of seats due to VNA’s fault. VNA is exempted from compensation in case non-availability of seats as regulated by Authorities. If you have any question about our overbooking or denied boarding compensation policy, please contact VNA’s Office.
If the passenger’s journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure the Warsaw Convention may be applicable and the Convention governs and in most cases limits the liability of carriers for death or personal injury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage. See also notices headed “Advice to International Passengers on Limitation of Liability” and “notice of Baggage Liability Limitations”.
CONDITONS OF CONTRACT
1. As used in this contract “Ticket” means “Passenger ticket and baggage check” or “Electronic ticket”, of which these conditions and the notices form part; “Passenger and baggage carriage contract” means a dossier of ticket, carriage conditions, tariffs of VNA and other written agreements of both parties; “Carriage” is equivalent to “Transportation”; “Carrier” means all carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage. “Warsaw Convention” means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air Signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as amended at The Hague, 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable.
2. Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention unless such carriage is not “International Carriage” as defined by that Convention.
3. To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: (i) provisions contained in the ticket; (ii) applicable tariffs; (iii) carrier’s conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
4. Carrier’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables; carrier’s address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier’s name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier’s timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger’s route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as single operation.
5. An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.
6. Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
7. Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of baggage check. In case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within seven days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from date the baggage was delivered. See tariffs or conditions of carriage regarding non-international transportation.
8. This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in this ticket, is carriers’ tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if applicable fare has not been paid.
9. Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
10. Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
11. No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
ADVICE TO INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS ON LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Passengers on a journey involving an ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than the country of origin are advised that the provisions of a treaty known as the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to the entire journey, including any portion entirely within the country of origin or destination. For such passengers on a journey to, from or with an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, the Convention and special contracts of carriage embodied in applicable tariffs provide that the liability of certain carriers, parties to such special contracts, for death of or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to proven damages not to exceed US$75, 000.00 per passenger (*), and that this liability up to such limit shall not depend on negligence on the part of the carrier. For such passengers traveling by a carrier not a party to such special contracts or on a journey not to, from, or having an agreed stopping place in the United of America, liability of the carrier for death or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to approximately US$10, 000.00 or US$20, 000.00.
The names of carriers, parties to such special contracts, are available at all ticket offices of such carriers and may be examined on request.
Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier’s liability under the Warsaw Convention or such special contracts of carriage. For further information please consult your airline or insurance company representative.
* Note: The limit of liability of US$75, 000.00 above is inclusive of legal fees and costs except that in case of a claim brought in a state where provision is made for separate award of legal fees and costs, the limit shall be the sum of US$58, 000.00 exclusive of legal fees and costs.
NOTICE OF BAGGAGE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
Liability for loss, delay, or damage to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and addition charges are paid. For many international journeys, the Warsaw Convention may apply with liability limits of approximately US$9.07 per pound (US$20.00 per kilo) for checked baggage and US$400.00 per passenger for unchecked baggage. For travel wholly between U.S. points, Federal rules require any limit on an airline’s baggage liability to be at least US$2, 800.00 per passenger. Excess valuation may be declared on certain types of articles. Some carriers assume no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable articles.
1. Requirement for ticket: A person shall not be entitled to be carried on a flight unless that person presents a ticket valid and duly issued in accordance with Carrier’s Regulations and containing the flight coupon for that flight and all other unused flight coupon and the passenger coupon. A passenger shall furthermore not be entitled to be carried if the ticket presented is mutilated or if it has been altered otherwise than by Carrier or its authorized agent(s). In the case of an electronic ticket, a person shall not be entitled to be carried on a flight unless that person provides positive identification and a valid Electronic ticket has been duly issued.
This ticket is not valid and will not be accept for carriage unless purchased from the issuing carrier or its authorized travel agent(s).
2. Coupon sequence: The Flight coupon(s) must be used in sequence from the place of departure as shown on the ticket(s).
3. Reconfirmation: If a passenger breaks his journey for more than 72 hours at any point, passenger is required to reconfirm his intention of using continuing or return reservation. To do so, passenger should inform Vietnam Airlines office at the point from which he intends to resume his journey at least 72 hours before departure of his flight. Failure to reconfirm will result in the cancellation of this reservation(s).
4. Check-in time: Passenger needs being present at airport to check-in at period of time indicated below:
• International flight: from 2.30 hours to 01 hour before scheduled departure time.
• Domestic flight from 02 hours to 01 hour before schedules departure time.
5. Ticket restrictions: Certain fares restrict the validity of ticket(s), date(s) of journey, voluntary change of routing, refund application, etc. The passenger’s failure to comply with any of such restrictions shall be deemed as violation of the conditions contract shown on the ticket hereof.
6. Right to refuse refund: Vietnam Airlines reserves the right to refuse refund when application is made later than 30 days after expiry date of ticket.
7. Travel document: The passenger shall present all exit, entry, health and other documents required by laws, regulations, orders, demands or requirements of the countries concerned. Carrier reserves the right to refuse carriage of any passenger who has not complies with applicable laws, regulation, orders, demands or requirements or who documents do not appear to be in order.
8. Liability disclamation: Except liability limitation set forth in paragraphs “ADVICE TO INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS ON LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY” and “NOTICE OF BAGGAGE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS”, Vietnam Airlines is not liable for loss or damage for fragile or perishable items, money, jewelry, precious metals, silverware, negotiable papers, securities, or other valuables, business documents, passport, and other identification documents, or sample which might be contained in the passenger’s checked baggage.
Further information is available on request.
NOTICE OF GOVERNMENT IMPOSED TAXES, FEES AND CHARGES
The price of this ticket may include taxes, fees and charges which are imposed on air transportation by government authorities. These taxes, fees and charges, which may present a significant portion of the cost of air travel, are either included in the fare, or shown separately in the “TAX/FEE/CHARGE” box(es) of this ticket. You may also be required to pay taxes, fees and charges not already collected.
PASSENGER’S BAGGAGE MUST NOT CONTAIN
• Compressed gases (aerosol sprays, oxygen bottle), aqualungs
• Explosives (fireworks, ammunitions)
• Flammable solids and liquids (benzene, alcohol, strike anywhere matches)
• Corrosive substances
• Oxidizing materials
• Poisons and tear gases
• Radioactive materials
• Magnetized Materials
• Briefcases and attaché cases with installed alarm devices
• Other liquids subject to regulation of local Aviation Authority.