Day 1: Saigon - Cai Be - Phu An - Dong Hoa Hiep - Vinh Long - Sa Dec
At 08:00, we will be met at the lobby of our hotel in Saigon. We transfer to Cai Be (transportation is NOT INCLUDED in the cabin price).The excursion starts from Cai Be town pier at 10:00. Upon embarkation on your sampan-hotel, you will be welcomed with fresh cotton towels.After your installation, the cruise will begin with the visit of Cai Be colorful floating market cruising among local barges full of fruits and vegetables.Visits will be made at an ancient mandarin house dating from 1890 where you will we welcomed by the owner. Further, another stop at some local home factories will allow you to observe how rice paste, coconut candies and other specialties are traditionally made.We will proceed to Phu An hamlet, an untouched beautiful area reflecting some of the best sights the Mekong Delta can offer. A delicious lunch will await you at "Le Longanier", a superb Indochinese villa located by the river, in a lush tropical garden surrounded by fruit plantations.After lunch, your sampan will proceed to Sa Dec cruising the Tien Giang river, one of the two large arms of the Mekong.These evergreen islands among the Mekong River bring about large networks of meandering rivers, criss-crossed with countless arroyos, and remaining unknown to many people. We will then cruise on a small beautiful canal through water jacinth plantations… You will take a small rowing boat for a cruise along a narrow canal passing by a local tiny village and fruit plantations.Further on the banks, some dark smokes in the sky will lead us to one of the largest artisanal bricks and tiles factory where you will have an interesting visit. Sa Dec town will appear like a little “Venice” with numerous narrow canals. You will disembark for a guided visit of this charming and peaceful town, walking along its narrow streets where beautiful French old houses, Chinese temples and Vietnamese.Dinh are dating from the last century… You will visit the Trung Vuong primary school where famous novelist Marguerite Duras spent her childhood (turned into the movie “The Lover”), then you will have your last visit of the day at the beautiful ancient house of Ong Huynh Thuy Le who was the former “lover” of M. Duras… A delicious dinner will be catered for you on board. First night onboard your sampan, on the Mekong river.
Day 2: Sa Dec - Can Tho (B, L, D)
The breakfast will be served on board at 07.30. You will then go on land for thevisit of Sa Dec local market, one of the most exotic and authentic in Vietnam.Back on board your sampan, cruising down to Can Tho along a beautiful narrow canal, passing under several wooden “monkey bridges” and by tiny typical villages. Your lunch will be served on board.Some stops on the banks will be arranged for you to establish contacts with the local population or discover some interesting villages on the way. A visit will be done at a Cao Dai Temple, overlooking the river… A bicycle ride will also be organized in the country side.Before sunset, we will have our last stop on the banks arranged at a splendid ancient house or “Nha Co” dating from the early 19th century. After being greeted by the owners, we will cater a candlelight dinner for you, an unforgettable experience in a unique atmosphere.After dinner, we will proceed the cruise for approximately one hour until Can Tho. We will moor for the night in a quiet place. Your bed will be ready for your second night on the Mekong river.
Day 3: Cai Rang - Can Tho - Saigon (B)
At around 06:00, your sampan will slowly start cruising. Your breakfast will be served on board at 07:00 while approaching Cai Rang Floating Market actually still the largest in the whole Mekong delta. We will pass by countless sampan boats carrying sand, rice, fruits and vegetables, fish, flowers… showing an intense activity on the river.Your cruise journey will end at around 10:00 at Ninh Kieu pier after a visit at Can Tho local market.Drive to Saigon. Drop at your hotel. Tour ends and serve you next time.End of the cruise and services.
- Song Xanh 1 (15m long x 3,5m wide, 1 living room transformed into a comfortable bedroom at night (15m2), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 2 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 3 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 4 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
* Each sampan will carry a charming rowing boat ("Xuong"), nicely designed for deeper cruises along small canals and arroyos during the itinerary.Descriptions:
* Bicycles can also be taken on board (fixed on a rack a the back) for exciting "out of the track" countryside rides.
* Designed for individuals looking for authentic "Private Cruise" experience, with overnight on board. Exclusive itineraries 2D/1N and 3D/2N.
Equipped with a bathroom with lavabo, wc and shower, the sampans can also be used for daily private cruise programs for FIT's or Groups.
"Song Xanh I": 15m long x 3,5m wide (1 living room transformable into 1 bed room at night) / Capacity max. 2 adults - "Song Xanh II & III & IV": 18m long x 3,5m wide (1 bed room + 1 living room transformable into 1 more bed room at night) / Capacity max. 4 adults + 1 or 2 young childrens.