Day 1: Saigon - Cai Be - Phu An - Dong Hoa Hiep - Vinh Long - Sa Dec (L, D)
Start at Cai Be Town Pier: 10.00 AM. Welcome on board and fresh towels are served. Journey begins with the visit to Cai Be colorful floating market, cruising among local barges full of fruits and vegetables. Visit to Ancient Mandarin House dating from 1890 with personal welcome by the House Owner. Stop at local home factories to observe the traditional procedure of making rice ice paste, coconut candies and other specialties.Proceed to Phu An Hamlet, an untouched beautiful area reflecting some of the best sights the Mekong Delta has to offer. Lunch at "Le Longanier", a superb Indochinese villa located by the River, in a lush tropical garden surrounded by fruit plantations. Cruise on Tien Giang River, one of the two largest arms of the Mekong. These evergreen islands among the Mekong River bring about large networks of meandering rivers with countless arroyos and remaining unknown to many people. Cruise on a small beautiful canal through water hyacinth plantations, followed by rowing boat for a cruise along a narrow canal passing by a local tiny village and fruit plantation. Visit further on the banks and visit one of the largest artisanal brick factory. Sa Dec Town appears as little “Venice” in the Mekong Delta with numerous narrow canals, and different kinds of trading activities.Disembark for a very interesting visit at a beautiful ancient house or “Nha Co” dating from the early 19th century, home of Ong Huynh Thuy Le, former “lover” of famous French novelist Marguerite Duras. A delicious dinner shall be served on board. Enjoy the first night on Mekong River.
Day 2: Sa Dec - Long Xuyen - Ong Ho Island (B, L, D)
On-board breakfast at 7.00 AM.Begins to explore this charming Sa Dec town by walking along its narrow streets and take photos of beautiful old French houses and Chinese temples dating from the last century.You will also visit the local market and the Trung Vuong primary school where famous French writer Marguerite Duras (author of "The lover") went to.Back on board and start cruising along the Mekong River. Lunch shall be served on board while proceeding upstream to Long Xuyen, a peaceful typical provincial town in the Mekong Delta dotted with an attractive floating market. In the afternoon, excursion to “Ong Ho” island to visit Ton Duc Thang museum, the second president of Vietnam.A special candlelight dinner will be catered in an unique atmosphere of a local ancient house where you can share experiences with family members and learn about traditional southern lifestyle.Back on board, starts cruising to Rach Gia. Overnight on board.
Day 3: Long Xuyen - Rach Gia - Saigon (B)
Arrival at Rach Gia, the capital city of Kien Giang province, located on the coast of Gulf of Thailand. The trading goods in this region are particularly fish, agricultural products and smuggled goods from Cambodia and Thailand.On-board breakfast at 7.00 AM before the excursion ends (for any guest who has a connecting flight Phu Quoc island at 8.00 AM, breakfast shall be served at 6.00 AM).In Rach Gia, there are several places of interest including Ha Tien about 100km north-west which has some unusual limestone formations.
- Song Xanh 1 (15m long x 3,5m wide, 1 living room transformed into a comfortable bedroom at night (15m2), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 2 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 3 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 4 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
* Each sampan will carry a charming rowing boat ("Xuong"), nicely designed for deeper cruises along small canals and arroyos during the itinerary.Descriptions:
* Bicycles can also be taken on board (fixed on a rack a the back) for exciting "out of the track" countryside rides.
* Designed for individuals looking for authentic "Private Cruise" experience, with overnight on board. Exclusive itineraries 2D/1N and 3D/2N.
Equipped with a bathroom with lavabo, wc and shower, the sampans can also be used for daily private cruise programs for FIT's or Groups.
"Song Xanh I": 15m long x 3,5m wide (1 living room transformable into 1 bed room at night) / Capacity max. 2 adults - "Song Xanh II & III & IV": 18m long x 3,5m wide (1 bed room + 1 living room transformable into 1 more bed room at night) / Capacity max. 4 adults + 1 or 2 young childrens.