Day 1: Saigon - Cai Be - Phu An - Dong Hoa Hiep - Vinh Long - Sa Dec
Start at Cai Be Town Pier: 10.00 AM. Welcome on board and fresh towels are served. Journey begins with the visit to Cai Be colorful floating market, cruising among local barges full of fruits and vegetables. Visit to Ancient Mandarin House dating from 1890 with personal welcome by the House Owner. Stop at local home factories to observe the traditional procedure of making rice ice paste, coconut candies and other specialties.Proceed to Phu An Hamlet, an untouched beautiful area reflecting some of the best sights the Mekong Delta has to offer. Lunch at "Le Longanier", a superb Indochinese villa located by the River, in a lush tropical garden surrounded by fruit plantations. Cruise on Tien Giang River, one of the two largest arms of the Mekong. These evergreen islands among the Mekong River bring about large networks of meandering rivers with countless arroyos and remaining unknown to many people.Cruise on a small beautiful canal through water hyacinth plantations, followed by rowing boat for a cruise along a narrow canal passing by a local tiny village and fruit plantation. Visit further on the banks and visit one of the largest artisanal brick factory. Sa Dec Town appears as little “Venice” in the Mekong Delta with numerous narrow canals, and different kinds of trading activities.Disembark for a very interesting visit at a beautiful ancient house or “Nha Co” dating from the early 19th century, home of Ong Huynh Thuy Le, former “lover” of famous French novelist Marguerite Duras.A delicious dinner shall be served on board. Enjoy the first night on Mekong River. Overnight onboard.
Day 2: Sa Dec - Long Xuyen - Cho Moi
On-board breakfast at 7.00 AM. Disembark for a guided visit of the charming and peaceful town, walking along its narrow streets where beautiful French old houses, Chinese temples and Vietnamese Dinh are dating from the last century.Visit to the local market, one of the most attractive features in Vietnam.Back on board to cruise upstream to Long Xuyen, a peaceful provincial town located on the Mekong banks. The cruise passes by several luxuriant islands, countless sampan boats carrying sand, rice, fruits and vegetables, fishes, showing an intense activity on the river. Approaching Long Xuyen, lunch is served on board.Quick tour of Long Xuyen typical center before cruising further to “Cu Lao Ong Ho” (The Tiger Island) for a visit at Ton Duc Thang Museum, second president of Vietnam.Proceed upstream on the Mekong River to Chau Doc. Optional stops on the banks for cycling tours to discover deeper the inhabitants life style. Dinner at the Ancient House in the suburbs of Cho Moi.Back on board in private sampan for your second night on the river.
Day 3: Cho Moi - Chau Doc - Saigon
Early on-board breakfast while cruising to Chau Doc.Cruise on a little arm of the Mekong where several traditional activities can be observed on the banks (artisanal boat factories, bamboo baskets making, palm leaves cutting, net fishing), as well as old Vietnamese temples dating from late 19th century.Arrival at Chau Doc late in the morning. Located on the upper Mekong Delta, the town is 280 km south-west of Saigon onto the Cambodian border. With such proximity the local population is an eclectic mix of Cham, Khmer, Chinese and Vietnamese sharing different cultures and historical richness.Disembark at Chau Doc main city pier 11.00 AM. End of services.
- Song Xanh 1 (15m long x 3,5m wide, 1 living room transformed into a comfortable bedroom at night (15m2), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 2 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 3 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
- Song Xanh 4 (18m long x 3,5m wide, 1 bed room, 1 living room that can be transformed into 1 more bedroom at night (15m2/each), 1 bathroom with wc, lavabo and shower, 1 sundeck at the back where chairs, table, and meals or drinks can be served)
* Each sampan will carry a charming rowing boat ("Xuong"), nicely designed for deeper cruises along small canals and arroyos during the itinerary.Descriptions:
* Bicycles can also be taken on board (fixed on a rack a the back) for exciting "out of the track" countryside rides.
* Designed for individuals looking for authentic "Private Cruise" experience, with overnight on board. Exclusive itineraries 2D/1N and 3D/2N.
Equipped with a bathroom with lavabo, wc and shower, the sampans can also be used for daily private cruise programs for FIT's or Groups.
"Song Xanh I": 15m long x 3,5m wide (1 living room transformable into 1 bed room at night) / Capacity max. 2 adults - "Song Xanh II & III & IV": 18m long x 3,5m wide (1 bed room + 1 living room transformable into 1 more bed room at night) / Capacity max. 4 adults + 1 or 2 young childrens.